If it is decided that competitive bidding is the best choice for your project, we will provide selected contractors with construction documents and instructions on submitting bids. Should questions arise before bids are due, we will issue addenda as necessary to provide answers and will distribute the information to all prospective bidders. We’ll evaluate each bidder’s pricing with you and help guide you through contractor selection.
Regardless of which method of hiring a contractor you decide, we will help you select the right contractor for your needs and the best value for your project. While we will advise you on the contractor choice, the final decision is of course up to you, and we will assist you with executing a contract with your selected builder.
This phase can include
- Conducting construction bidding with multiple general contractors or assistance with competitive bidding with one selected general contractor.
- Ensures competitive bidding of the trades, materials, and labor necessary to build your project.
- Advises the client as to qualifications of bidders and review construction bids received.
- Makes recommendations on the award of a construction contract.
- Assists client with technical information for preparation of construction contract.
Our involvement with your project does not stop after the preparation of construction documents. The project is now moving from a dream to a reality. “Construction Observation” may be a better title to explain this phase and the services that Rhodes Architecture + Light typically provides. Through our involvement, we can ensure a smooth transition from the construction design documents to the completed project.
It is CRITICAL to the efficient completion of your home that you have an ADVOCATE who is skilled in understanding construction materials, installations, and processes to act on your behalf throughout construction.